Thursday, February 11, 2010

Writings Archive: Hunter S. Thompson obituary


The good doctor Hunter S. Thompson killed himself almost five years ago now, February 20, 2005. Rest in peace, friend. Anyway, my tribute to him in the pages of my college newspaper is still one of my favorite of my published writings and it's come up in conversation a few times recently, so here's the link - get hits for The Bowdoin Orient. I'll republish some of my old pieces here, good to have an online archive. This magnet is on my fridge. I recommend Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas for a taste of Hunter's fantastic writing for any of you who might not have read it, but for any junkies of American politics, Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72 is even better.

1 comment:

  1. Let us not forget the tremendous work he did writing for ESPN's Page 2. His column, "Hey Rube" was completely underrated and overlooked. RIP Good Doctor. Mahalo.

    ReplyDelete